Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Fantastic Journey





Today I continued making progress towards gainful employment. Of course, in order to reach my destination, I had to endure a rather long ride in the back of a truck. I cannot give you any details about the truck, seeing as how I had a black sack secured over my head, but it was nothing spectacular.
The ride was not smooth at all. It became so bumpy at times many of the other occupants in the truck had slammed against me. This was not something entirely bothersome in itself, but I found the screaming rather annoying. Every single time the truck shook, just about all the other passengers felt the need to shriek. Give me a break. We hit a major bump at least every two minutes, but it did not seem to occur to them that we were going to hit another one. If they would have shut up at least for a good hour, then I probably would have been able to take a decent nap.
I'm not sure how long we were in the truck. In my best estimation we were in there for at least sixteen hours. The latter part of the ride was a little smoother, but the rest of the pass angers did not seem to care. There was always somebody yelling "Let us Out!" or either, "Why are they doing this to us?" For the love of God... were going to work doofus! If they don't like it, then they should go do something else. After all, its a free country, or at least I'm told by Rodoslav.
Finally, the truck stopped. We had to wait at least another hour before anything happened. Then, I heard the sound of the back of the truck opening. Shortly afterwards, a very loud voice shouted, "Ha Ha, enjoyed the ride?" Its good to know that at least our employers had a sense of humor. Yes, our accommodations were not five-star, but at least they were willing to admit it.
The next thing I know, I was struck on my back by a sizable club. There they go again with the hazing. What jokesters. After being dragged out of the truck, we had to walk a good distance. All the while I heard, "Move! Move your FUCKING ASS!" I know for a fact they were not talking to me. I could tell from the screams in the back of the line that they were reprimanding some of the slackers.
Then, I was led up a large ramp. After reaching the top, I was told to stop by one of our instructors, screaming at the top of his lungs as usual. We had to stand and wait for a good little bit afterwards. After about six hours of standing at attention, I again heard a loud voice. "EVERYBODY LISTEN UP! You will be separated into two groups! All the strong men shall be group 'Laborat.' All of the disabled, women, and children shall be group 'La Morte'
I was placed into group "Laborat" After having a rope tied around my neck, I was dragged until I reached what seemed to be small corridor. I was brought down a narrow metal-sounding stairway, and then we stopped. I heard a metallic door open, after which I was shoved through the small door. My Instructors removed the black sack from my head, left the small chamber, and slammed the door shut behind them.
Once again I could see. I got a chance to familiarize myself with my surroundings. None too shabby. There was board chained to the wall, on which there was a thin mattress. In the corner, there was a metal toilet. Though it was filled with foul decaying waste, I was actually rather pleased. Ive never had my own bed and toilet.
I cannot wait until I get to write a letter home to Rodoslav. I would very much like to thank him for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment