Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Great Climax of My Journey

There I was, curiously looking up at the sky. The helicopter had begun to make its final descent. As it neared the ground, I heard talk from many of the crew members that were surrounding us.

“It’s HIM. HE is coming HERE?”

“I thought he was supposed to be in Tokyo right now!”

“It looks like Mr. Segal fucked up… Bad.”

The helicopter finally touched down. As the engines de-powered, the door slowly began to open, and a strange group of men stepped out of the chopper. They were all dressed in what seemed to be expensive attire. They wore mirrored sunglasses, and all had strange wires going from their ears down into their shirts. Not only that, but they were all bald. Oh yeah, they all pale-grey colored skin.

After the strange men made their way out of the chopper, they were followed by another curious individual. He wore severely-expensive business attire, much more so than the others. Upon his face, there was a very odd, but determined expression. He stood us down for what seemed to be an eternity. All the while, he smoked an extraordinary number of cigarettes. With only one inhalation, he consumed an entire cigarette. After smoking what I estimate to be at least fifty packs of cigarettes, he was ready to get down to business.












Before this powerful man began to speak, I saw a look of dread come upon the three men who had extracted me from my room. However, it seemed that the large man with the large sword was by far the most fearful. He was trembling uncontrollably. A large wet spot had formed on the crotch-region of his pants. It continued to grow in size, and it eventually leaked from his pants down onto the deck of the ship. I am not sure of the implications of this. I will have to ask either Rodoslav or the Shogun as to what their opinion is later.
The smoking man looked directly into the eyes of the man with the sword. He began to speak.
“Mr. Segal… I see that you have not prepared for my arrival…”
Mr. Segal meekly replied,
“Sir… I was not informed that you would be coming here… Please… forgive me…”
The Smoking man started his routine once again. This time he only smoked five packs of cigarettes. However, he was done in less than three minutes this time.
“Mr. Segal… Your management of this vessel, So far it has been… sub-par”
The one with the sword seemed to be at a loss for words. Slowly, he began to speak again.
“Sir! We have been trying our best! Look how many slaves I have acquired for you!”

The smoking man did not seem to be impressed.
“Hahaha… Yes, you have quite a handful hear… And not a single one of them meets our expectations.”
Mr. Segal tried his best to find some type of saving grace.
“But sir… wait… there is one among us here who you may find promising! He is the one standing here before us!”
Mr. Segal pointed directly to me. After which, the smoking man walked closer towards me. He looked at me for a time, and then returned to the one with the sword.
“This? You expect me to be impressed by him? Why should I listen to your nonsensical prattle? But wait… Perhaps something can be arranged. Yes… A Test! A test of sorts. Perhaps you should challenge him in single combat. Maybe then I would be inclined to listen to you…”

Suddenly, an evil grin overtook the one with the sword.
“Yes. Certainly, my master!”
Mr. Segal approached me slowly. He was standing only a couple of meters away from me, and then began a bizarre display. He held is sword high in the air, and began a sort of strange chant.

“Hear me now dark gods! I am seeking your power. In the name of Baal, Malek, and Zuleban, I will prove myself worthy! I shall not fear flame, arrow, or the blade of my enemies. I will play the greatest of all games and win! By the power vested in me henceforth, I shall attain the Ninth Gate!
While he spoke, the clouds began to darken. I heard much thunder in the distance, which rapidly got closer and closer. After he finished his speech, he raised his sword as high as he could. Then, a bolt of lightning struck his sword. Now, it began to glow bright blue.
Then he pointed his large glowing sword towards me. It was unlike anything I had ever witnessed. Grinning from ear to hear, he began to slice the air in my general direction.
I wasn’t very certain as to what I should have done at this point. It seemed like he was taking it too far for your average work related hazing. I figured that it would be best if I didn’t even fight back. I thought that my job security would be severely compromised if I were to hurt any of my new supervisors. After all, I had only been on the clock for a few days.
Mr. Segal began to get angry with me.
“I see. So you will not fight me. I now have no choice but to destroy you!”

Mr. Segal struck me with an immense fury. His Sword went clear through my body. Along the slash line the blue glow had illuminated my body. A disgusting green liquid dripped forth from my torso. Very strange, that never happened to me before.
While the green liquid dripped, the man with the sword began to laugh. He began to taunt me.
“Look at you now! How does it feel? Know that you are destroyed by the mighty one, he that carries the one and only Dark Masamune!”
Of course, I not sure what he meant by destruction. The green liquid had already stopped flowing, and my body began rapidly regenerating as usual. When Mr. Segal realized this, his jaw dropped in horror.
“No. It can’t be! This cannot be! Absolutely impossible!”
He threw his sword to the ground. He made a wail of agony, pulling out his hair. Meanwhile, the smoking man began to laugh.
“Mwahahaha… It looks like your display of arrogance was all for nothing, Mr. Segal!”
I would have to say at this point that the one with the blade knew he was completely fucked.
“Sir! Forgive me! Who could have foreseen this?
The smoking man’s expression suddenly changed from one of laughter to one of intense severity.”
“It appears that you have forfeited your right to command this ship, Mr. Segal!”
The sword carrying man dropped to his knees, in an attempt to beg for forgiveness.
“Sir! Please! Forgive me! Let me show to you that I am still worthy!”
As I expected, No mercy would be forthcoming.
“I no longer wish to entertain further possibilities for you, Mr. Segal!”
The next thing that happened was a display of power that I will never forget. The smoking man lowered his arms, and then clinched his fists. It seemed like the man was building some type of powerful energy, which was hidden within is fragile exterior. Then, he opened his mouth very wide, and a bright light started to be projected outwards. Finally, a very large energy beam was fired at Mr. Segal. It was kinda wacky. It reminded me of those cartoons that the Shogun of the Dark tried to show me. I think it was called “Dragon’s Balls Z”


. After the smoking man finished his attack, there was not much left of Mr. Segal. All that was left were a few charred bits of teeth and Bone. The blast had also destroyed a good bit of the deck of the ship, and a large part of the control tower as well.
After dusting himself off, the smoking man walked up to me.
“So, you’re the new guy? It seems that you are much more capable than we expected. I like you. Perhaps you would like a desk job here at Chronos Corporation. You shall become very powerful. Many shall tremble before you.”
I didn’t have to think very long about this one. The Shogun of the Dark always told me that when opportunity presents itself to you, you must be ready.
“Sure, why not?”
Awesome. Fucking Awesome. Things are looking up.

The smoking man offered me a ride back home in his helicopter. He apologized for the excessive “hazing”, saying that who I am is not who they thought I was. I told him it was no big deal. I actually find it rather entertaining. The smoking man took great laughter at this.
The helicopter had arrived back at my home city. We hovered above my house at about a distance of at least 500 feet. One of the grey skinned men opened the helicopter door. The smoking man threw me off the chopper, and I plummeted towards the roof of my domicile.
After a severe impact, I found myself back in my room. I thought that it kind of sucked that my roof was destroyed, but I figured that I might be able to pay to have it repaired, seeing as how I was now gainfully employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment